We had a salad dinner the other night. And everyone made a salad – not brought a salad, but we actually cooked together and each made a different salad. We brought all the ingredients and made it together. It was a lot of fun!
Someone made this easy salad which was so delicious! We’ve been making it often after that in my house. It’s a huge hit.
Modified Caprese Salad
- 2-3 tomatoes, sliced into thin rounds
- 1-2 cups fresh Mozzarella, cut into thin rounds
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 cup Guacamole (mashed avocado, salt and pepper)
- Balsamic vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste
Arrange tomato rounds, top with cheese. Spoon the guacamole on top of each slice.
Top with basil leaves. Drizzle with a dressing of olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.