Cheddar Cheese Pies

My daughter has a lovely Angelina Ballerina book, and it had this one recipe. She insisted we try it, and though I didn’t think it would turn out great, we gave it a shot. These were some of the best pies I’d tasted!

Goes to show, the best recipes come from the most unusual sources!

Cheddar Cheese Pies

1/2 liter Milk
90g Fresh Breadcrumbs
225g Cheddar Cheese, grated
4 Eggs
1 tsp French Mustard
Salt and Pepper, to taste
12 Muffin Tins

Bring the milk to a boil in a saucepan. Place the breadcrumbs in a bowl and carefully add the hot milk. Then mix in the cheese.
In another bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add them to the milk and breadcrumbs and stir in the mustard. Season with salt and pepper.

Butter the muffin tins and pour in the batter. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until lightly set and golden.

These are delicious hot or cold.

Soo adorable and highly irresistible pie..yumm!

2. Prathibha says:

Cute looking pies….yummy..

3. Elle says:

Oh wow, they're gorgeous! I love recipes that you find in the most unusual places. And I love Angelina Ballerina! Thanks for sharing!

OMG, how lucky did I get? My daughter has been after me to make those very same Cheddar Cheese pies that Angelina dropped!

Thank you so much. I will be printing your recipe, so she knows they are teh real thing!

5. Anne John says:

Hi Arundathi,

What cute little pies! I'm sure they taste yummy and must have disappeared quite quickly 🙂

You seem to make many dishes especially for your daughter. That is why, we at Women's Web, thought you might be interested in our contest this month: “Cooking Is Child's Play”!

We are reaching out to all our lovely readers and to the very talented food blogging community for recipes that you can make WITH children. Why don't you give it a shot? I'm sure you will have many interesting ideas! There are several exciting prizes to be won too! Check out our website for complete details and do send us your entry soon! Contest closes Aug 1st. Please share your expertise & experiences with us. Looking forward to hear from you! All the best Arundathi!

Regards,
    Anne John
    Digital Publishing Trainee@Women's Web
    Contest Link:http://www.womensweb.in/item/food-blog-contest-kids-recipes.html

6. FrugalXpat says:

hmm.. looks delish…

7. Joy says:

I absolutely love cheese.This looks like it would be delicious. I've never seen anything like this before. Have to try the recipe tonight

8. Jennifer says:

We just found out today that our daughter has outgrown her egg allergy! She loves Angelina and we've been waiting for the day we could make these!

9. Dreambox says:

Awesome about this recipe. Cheese pie are my favorite. I have baked sunrise tomatoes pie. I will show out them at this place as soon.