Nutella Ice Cream

Could there be anything better? I doubt I have to sell this one to you – if you like Nutella and ice cream, well, there isn’t much else to say, is there?

Nutella is God’s way of letting you know there is a heaven! It’s a chocolate hazelnut spread (for breads, or just about anything else) that is truly divine. Go, run, to the store and buy some if you haven’t tried it.

When I saw the recipe on Sugarlaws, I knew I absolutely had to make it. I’m a Nutella-holic.

Nutella Ice Cream with Roasted Almonds
(inspired from Sugarlaws’ Nutella Ice Cream)

1/3 cup Nutella
1/2 cup Cream (I used regular cream, but use heavy cream if you have it)
1/3 cup Sugar
1 cup Milk
1 tbsp Vodka (alcohol keeps ice cream soft. You could leave it out if you want)
1/2 cup Toasted and Slivered Almonds

Mix together all the ingredients except for the almonds. Beat well. Pour into a plastic container (use a shallow container if making by hand). Add the almonds and mix to combine. Close and put it in the freezer. If you have an ice cream machine, follow the instructions.

If not, remove the container every 1 1/2 – 2 hours and churn the ice cream completely. Make sure you get all the frozen parts on the sides of the container. Initially a hand blender would work very well. Repeat the churning about 3-4 times, until ice cream is completely set.

Enjoy. This is truly one of the best ice creams I’ve ever had.

Similar posts on this blog: Vanilla Ice Cream, Nutella Brownies.

Advertisements

1. Looks absolutely delicious! I didn’t know vodka keeps ice cream soft! I have got to make this! πŸ˜€

2. Wow truly indulging…..Simple to make and delsih…

3. Sweet, simple and yum!!!

4. Chitra says:

woowwwowowowoww….:)

5. I never knew that Alchol keeps ice cream soft thats a great tip… Nutella is my bro’s fav… I have some Italian Nutella gotta try this…

6. Suparna says:

Hi Arundathi,Yummilicious ice-cream … good one ice-cream with nutella! am sure it’ll taste heavenly :)nice snaps dear.TC

so what time did you go to bed this time? πŸ˜‰Looks great.

<>ThePurpleFoodie – Not just vodka, alcohol in general keeps ice cream soft. Do try it.Kitchen Flavours – Thanks.Akansha’s Recipe – Yup!Chitra – πŸ™‚Ramya Vijaykumar – Do try it!Suparna – It does! Its truly divine!Raaga – I actually was smart enough to start in the morning!<>

9. Trupti says:

Arundhati, ice cream looks delicious

10. The ice cream looks delicious. However, nutella would be an ingredient that would be difficult to find here in India. Can there be any substitute(Iknow thats the main ingredient:)Your double chocolate muffins look so good I just had to bookmark it.

Now that’s just naughty Arundathi!Naughty naughty!My go to dessert at the end of the day is usually strawberries dipped in nutella.

12. YUM YUM Arundati…YAY for such a delish looking ice-cream. It's everything to fall in love with…WOW & eggless too, even better!!

13. mandira says:

lovely colour n texture..how do u find the time to cook and post exatly one day after the previous post!?

I like ice-creams like this, without the eggy custards. And with chocolate and hazelnuts its sure to be fantastic. I’m almost tempted to buy that exhorbitantly priced little jar of goodness.:)

15. Indhu says:

Nutella is heaven – totaly true πŸ™‚love this recipe… and did not know that alcohol keeps the icecream soft – thanks for the tip πŸ™‚

16. A_and_N says:

I love Nutella 😐 so much that we stopped buying it. I finished one jar of Nutella in one day after we came back from the store. I din’t even realize 😦 So, A just refused to buy any more.I’m going to keep this unread on the reader so he can come and see πŸ˜€ and make for me πŸ˜‰

17. Madhumathi says:

Oh my!What a fantastic idea.This icecream is super yummy!

18. ARUNA says:

wowwwwwwww this is soooo awesome!!!! looks yummmmmmmmm!

19. Holler says:

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous! I am in the nutella is great camp, so for me this is ice cream heaven πŸ™‚

20. Peter M says:

Oh dear, you’re killing me here. I’m fasting and now I so want Nutella in any form!

OMG! That sure is heaven in bowl. Can I come over ?

22. aquadaze says:

This looks absolutely delicious! I love nutella..I’ve got to try thi soon πŸ™‚

23. bee says:

i stopped buying nutella because of the trans fats. it’s easy to make at home. it works with any nuts, really.

24. Prathibha says:

Looking great…U made it so simple, need to give a try soon..

<>Thanks everyone. Do try it.

Vandana Rajesh – I live in India and I found it in the grocery store. Bee has also provided a link for a DIY Nutella spread.

Bharti – πŸ™‚ what can i say? sometimes you need decadence!

Deeba – Yup, eggless!

Mandira – I actually couldn't wait to make this – so made it soon after the mud muffins – just had to wait till the morning to take the photos! πŸ™‚

Aparna – So Totally Worth Buying! Or you could try a DIY version.

Indhu – you're welcome

A&N – one jar in one afternoon? You truly have to make this ice cream!

Madhumathi – Thanks.

Aruna – thanks

Holler – It is truly Heaven! πŸ™‚ Enjoy!

Peter – Oh no! Enjoy the fast! Make this as a treat at the end!

Priya – Anytime πŸ™‚

Aquadaze – Do try it

Divya Vikram – Yup πŸ™‚

Bee – Thanks so much. Will check it out.

Prathibha – It IS simple. Try it.

26. homecooked says:

Love Nutella! You are so right in saying that its heaven. The ice cream looks divine! I cant stop my drool πŸ™‚

<>homecooked – πŸ™‚ Thank you!

Omg, Wat a delicious ice cream Arundathi….thats a prefect treat for summer!

29. pinkstripes says:

Heaven. Pure heaven. Love it!

30. Jamie says:

Great recipe. I guess I thought I couldn’t make ice cream because I don’t have an ice cream maker. I should give this a try!

31. I love Nutella…can eat the whole jar in a day. I always though that making ice creams at home is a difficult task but your method looks easy to me.

32. I’ve made something similar to this and it’s delicious but I like how you’ve upped the nut factor in this with the almonds!

33. Madhuram says:

Ooh! this is my kind of an ice cream. I’m a Nutella addict, so I don’t get it any more. But I think I have to break my resolution for this ice cream. Very bad Arundathi, very bad!

34. Cynthia says:

To answer your question – no. Especially if one is a chocolate lover.

35. TBC says:

You had me at Nutella! πŸ˜€ I cannot get enough of it.

36. Dragon says:

You are making my mouth water with this delicious ice cream!

37. absolutely delicious…. i never used nutella before….

38. thks arundathi. Will surely try this ..it looks so tempting.

<>Priya – It sure is. Thanks.

Pinkstripes – πŸ™‚ Thanks

Jamie – You can definitely make ice cream without an ice cream maker. Give it a try.

Veggie Food Journal – It really is easy. Do try.

Lorraine – Loved the crunch of the almonds in the ice cream.

Madhuram – This is definitely worth breaking a resolution. πŸ™‚

Cynthia – Yup! True.

TBC – Then you’ll love this ice cream.

Dragon – πŸ™‚ That’s always good!

Myspicykitchen – Oh then you’ve gotta try it.

Vandana Rajesh – I hope you enjoy it.

40. Jude says:

My first thought is, why did this never occur to me before. Sounds like such a natural flavoring for ice cream. Yum.

<>Jude – Yes, it was truly delicious and a completely natural combination!

awesome idea!!

43. Archana says:

I love your blog Arundhati! It is so fuill of vibrancy and of course food. I am a regular at both your blogs! Nutella – Woah, Melts! Truly Divine!

Nags – Thanks

Archana – Thanks for your kind words! Yup – this icecream is truly divine!

Interesting article you got here. It would be great to read more concerning this matter. Thank you for sharing that info.

Genial brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

47. it looks so delicious.
    I will try it today itself