Egg Salad

Sometimes, you get referred to new blogs. And sometimes, you come across them by pure chance. But a sure-fire way to find great blogs is to sign up for the Taste & Create event hosted by Nicole over at For The Love Of Food.

I was paired with Kaytie and Drew of Tiny Biscuits. Their food is nothing short of amazing. And the writing is light and interesting. Being vegetarian was not a problem – there was such a variety of great recipes, that it was just a question of choosing the right one. I was intrigued by this recipe because they had eaten it with naan, an Indian flatbread. I’ve never tried that combination before – egg salad and naan!

The egg salad itself was incredible! They says its slightly better than the one her mom makes – and let me say, its far better than the one I make! I’ve never had egg salad with olives before and to blend in cheese is sheer genius! Thanks Kaytie and Drew for a keeper of a recipe.

Incredible Egg Salad
(recipe from Tiny Biscuits)

6 eggs

1/2 cup Mayonnaise (I used low-fat)
1 piece of Laughing Cow garlic & herb cheese (I used 2 tbsp of Boursin Garlic & Herb Cheese – we don’t get Laughing Cow here in India)
1/2 teaspoon mustard (I used French grainy Mustard)
squeeze of fresh lemon juice
black olives (I added about 3-4 olives cut fine)
green onions, chopped (I added a 2 tsp of finely minced greens)

Boil the eggs. Let it cool, shell the eggs and chop into small pieces.

Blend the cheese, mustard, mayonnaise and lemon juice together. Toss the egg with the cheese dressing. Add in the olives and garnish with the minced spring onion greens.

Try it with the naan – its actually a great combination – who would’ve thought! Thanks, Kaytie and Drew!

1. Madhumathi says:

Egg salad with cheese dressing..Wow,I could see that it is delicious..

Looks and sounds really different! great click too!

3. DK says:

U and siri shud start a club – Egg lovers club πŸ™‚ heheheSend them all one babe..more the merrier..jus add on a teeny weeny link to the french post..cant wait to get my hands on it…U reminded me of those Pari photos..U looked hot! πŸ™‚ muah

<>Madhumathi – Yup it is!Ranjani – Thanks! Definitely not low-fat but sinfully delicious!DK – We do have a club! You asked for the entries, and now you’ve got them! Don’t blame me later. And thanks for the photo compliment! πŸ™‚<>

5. Jamie says:

Egg Salad was one of my all time favorite sandwiches growing up. It looks wonderful!

6. Simran says:

Egg salad is surely an all time favorite. And I can only guess how delicious your boursin will make it.

7. mandira says:

i never make egg salad..made it once in my life i think n it dint turn out that great..this looks good tho.wats laughing Cow garlic??

8. homecooked says:

The egg salad looks delicious! I love it in sandwiches too.

9. Holler says:

That is a great recipe for egg mayo. I will remember the extra ingredients next time I make some πŸ™‚

10. Siri says:

I was so egg-static reading this post of yours Anu. I lovvvvvvvvvvvee eggs, cooked ofcourse – in any form and shape and guess what I made this salad today. It was so yummy. Thanks babes!!Cheers,Siri

11. A says:

Hi Arundathi..I’ve seen laughing cow cheese at a Namdhari’s fresh outlet in Bangalore, where I live. You could try in namdharis outlets if any in Chennai..-M

12. Rachel says:

This made a lovely treat for my family…and yes try Nilgiris for the cheese…

13. Dragon says:

I’m addicted to egg salad. This recipe sounds great!

<>Jamie – Yup, I love egg salad sandwiches too!Simran – the boursin was a great idea. or any flavored cheese – it was delicious.Mandira – Laughing Cow is a brand of cheese which is sometimes lowfat. It comes in several flavors and one is Herb & Garlic. homecooked – yup, so do iHoller – The dressing was delicious – creamy and lovely.Siri – Oh I'm so glad you made it and loved it!! My fellow egg-celent friend!A – Hmm we don't have Namdharis in Chennai, but thanks for the info.Rachel – Glad you liked it. I didn't realize you get this at Nilgiris. Thanks.Dragon – Yes it definitely is. Thanks.<>

hey arundati. GR8 receipe.BTW, laughing cow is now widely available in India. All nilgiris and Total malls have them stocked up.

<>Anonymous – thats great to know – thanks! <>

17. Jescel says:

this looks so yummy! i will for sure try it! T&C is a good event..too bad I haven't particpated in the last few months due to my hectic sched.

<>Jescel – Yup, T&C sure is a great event! Thanks for dropping by. Love your blog too – that challah looks amazing!<>

19. Looks delicious! I love egg salad.

<>Fat Free Dressing – if you love egg salad, you’ll love this. Its full of flavor. <>

It is certainly interesting for me to read that post. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more soon.

22. 123 123 says:

Interesting article you got here. It would be great to read a bit more about this theme. Thanks for sharing this material.
    Sexy Lady
    London night life escort

Keep on posting such stories. I like to read stories like that. BTW add more pics πŸ™‚

Great article as for me. It would be great to read more concerning this topic. Thnx for sharing this data.