Pesto and Garlic Bread

I’ve been MIA for a long while. I haven’t been cooking much either. And had serious writer’s block! Thanks to everyone who enquired after me! Not sure if I’m back but I wanted to share a recipe that I kind of created recently.

Pesto and Garlic Bread

For the Bread:
4 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp Active Dry Yeast
2 tbsp Sugar
1.5 tsp Salt
2 tbsp Cold Butter
400 ml Water

For the Flavors:
4-5 cloves of Garlic, roasted and chopped
1/4 cup Pesto

Mix all the ingredients together and knead the dough until it begins to feel smooth to the touch (about 10 minutes). Place the dough in an oiled container and cover with a muslin cloth. Leave it in a warm place until doubled in size (about 1 hour).

Remove the dough and shape into a log. Cut into three portions. Roll each portion out to a rough rectangle. Spread one side of each rectangle with pesto (I used homemade walnut and spinach pesto) and the chopped garlic. Roll each portion up as tight as possible. Place in a loaf pan with the seam side down. Repeat for the other portions and place alongside each other.

Cover with a muslin cloth and leave in a warm place until doubled again (about 45 minutes to an hour). Preheat the oven to 220 deg C. Bake the risen bread for 35-40 minutes until golden brown and when tapped, sounds hollow.

This was delicious. And the pesto gave the bread a much softer crumb than regular bread. And it had the added advantage of being very pretty!

This bread is off to Susan @ Wild Yeast for YeastSpotting.

Advertisements

1. Curry Leaf says:

Wow,Lovely.I too had made cheesy pesto bread.Will be posting tomorrow.Lovely and I know its delish.My recipe is different from yours thgh.

2. Sig says:

It is a pretty bread indeed!

Well, you made a start and that is good:) As always an awesome one:)

4. Madhu says:

Cute rolled breads,looks delicous with pesto..

5. Uj says:

bread looks yummy and looks pretty too…

6. Rajani says:

that is so creative!!! wow pesto in bread great combination, hope to see more yummy stuff and soon.

Good to see you back, Arundathi and that too with a bread. It most definitely is pretty.

Do send it in to Susan for YeastSpotting.

WOw wat a amazing work Arundathi, just gorgeous..

10. my fav one..lovely dear

11. Rathna says:

I love anything with pesto in it. Will definetly try it.I’ve stared an event called “Made for Each Other”. please participate if you are interested. Thank you.

12. Madhu says:

Wow..they look so adorable..And I have all the ingredients in hand..Will give a try.Thank you πŸ™‚

13. Dragon says:

I love these adorable buns. So gorgeous!

14. Zuleika says:

Would love to have some esp. with my new bread diet πŸ™‚

15. Trupti says:

bread looks very delicious

16. Aw that's beautiful Arundhati. Delicious flavours & I love the idea of the tight rolls. Must distribute the flavours through the bread so well!

17. homecooked says:

Wow….this looks so perfect! Yummy.

18. Ramya Bala says:

superb…looks so delicious….

19. Holler says:

Looks and sounds divine! This is my kind of recipe πŸ™‚I hope you are back sweetie!

20. good to see a new post… this looks good.. i like garlic flavoured bread..and pesto… so its a combi that appeals to me…but i donno if i m going to try it out.. im jinxed when it comes to bread..ALL my breads flop!!! lol..mandira

21. Cynthia says:

I like this very much. All one needs to go with this is a cup of delightful tea!Sending you hugs.

Ooh..that looks yummy and yes, very pretty. Nice to see you again. I have to get back to my blog as well, and I’ve just been so busy. Soon.

23. It doesn’t get much better than garlic and pesto rolled up in a bread!

24. Usha says:

Pretty and yum bread πŸ™‚

25. Elle says:

How pretty! It’s like three lovely bread rolls…PESTO bread rolls yet…in one pan. Must try.

26. DK says:

lovely lovely bread! Madam has been busy bakign in here! How are u babes? Need to catch up with u

27. Jude says:

Look at those layer of pesto. That’s beautiful.Nice to see you back!

28. Madhuram says:

Hi Arundathi. It’s been a long time since I’ve been here, so thought to visit today and see that you have also not been posting regularly. Sometimes it happens. Hope to see more of your amazing bread and other recipes.This roll looks absolutely gorgeous.

29. Sara says:

This looks really amazing. I love the layers of pesto. I will definitely be trying this.

30. Chitra says:

gorgeous pics arundhati:)really yummm!!

<>Thank you so much everyone!! Sorry haven't replied yet!Curry Leaf – That sounds great. Will check it out.Sig – thank you!Sunshinemom – Thanks – yup taking baby steps!Madhu – thanksUj – thanksRajani – thank you – i hope so too!Aparna – Good to be back, after a long break. Sent it to Susan – thanks for the reminderPriya – ThanksShama – ThanksRathna – Do try it. Will check out the event details. thanksHappy Cook – thanks a lot.Madhu – I hope you did try it!Dragon – thanks!Zu – anytime babe! πŸ™‚Trupti – thankspb&b – Yes it did – I loved the roll concept too. Homecooked – thanksRamya Bala – thanksHoller – Well, slowly starting to step into the blogosphere again! πŸ™‚ thanks!Mandira – Try this one – its infallible!Cynthia – Thanks – would love some tea too right now!Bharti – Yeah, this procrastination is a killer!Susan – Yup!Usha – thank you!Elle – Thank you! DK – Haven't been busy at all – atleast not baking!! πŸ™‚ Yes, need to catch up soon!Jude – Thanks – good to be back!Madhuram – Thanks for dropping by! Sara – I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!Chitra – thanks!<>

It is rather interesting for me to read the blog. Thank you for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

It was rather interesting for me to read the blog. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Opulently I assent to but I contemplate the brief should acquire more info then it has.

Good dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

I want not agree on it. I over nice post. Specially the designation attracted me to read the sound story.

You know what, use GPS blocker to jam all secret transmitters in your room or office.

Hi
    Very nice and intrestingss story.

39. I love how you've shaped your pesto rolls! It looks absolutely lovely!