Potato Chip Cookies

If you’re looking for healthy and nutritious, I suggest you skip this post! But if you’re looking for amazing flavor, read on.

Having a surplus of potato chips after a birthday party, I wanted to put them to good use and I remembered a cookie I had bookmarked from Baking Bites. These cookies have amazing crunch and a fantastic salty sweet flavor.

Potato Chip Cookies
(recipe from Baking Bites)

Makes about 40 thin cookies and about 25 thick, chewy ones.

2 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Butter, softened
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar + 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 large Egg
1 1/2 cups Potato Chips, crushed fine (I didn’t crush them too much but I will next time)

Combine the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda). In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg and whisk together very well.

Mix the butter mixture with the dry ingredients. Fold in the crushed potato chips.

Shape into balls (about the size of a small lemon). Drop the balls onto a baking sheet and flatten them out a bit. Bake for 12-15 minutes (12 minutes for chewy and more for crispy cookies). Cool completely on a wire rack.

Here are some other cookie recipes from this blog: Snickerdoodles, Peanut Butter Cookies and Chocolate Chip Cookies.

1. Peter M says:

This idea of using potato chips is so out there but you’re result looks fab and I’d have no problem sampling a few.

2. ovenhaven says:

I can never imagine having potato chips in cookies, but yours look great! How’s the texture like?

<>Peter – it is out there, but quite interesting. Do try it. Ovenhaven – The texture is crispy and chewy at the same time, while being salty and sweet. Its delicious. <>

4. delhibelle says:

what a whacko, fun combo!

5. Red Chillies says:

I was very curious when I read the title and find it interesting. This is a keeper recipe!

6. Trupti says:

Potato Chips in Cookies ..wow..what an idea !! It looks very delicious.

7. Soma says:

Very interesting combo!! Should try this to see how this tastes!

Very innovative!!! potato chips in cookies quite unique Arundathi..

9. DEESHA says:

thatz good use of potato chips .. looks lovely

10. Alka says:

Thts amazing..i cud have never thought of combining salty chips to bake cookies…looks lovely πŸ™‚

I’ve seen this recipe before but have not tried it. I can’t imagine not liking it. I dunno why but Seinfeld comes to mind, would he say something like “Whats not to like..it’s a cookie with chips in it!”

<>Delhibelle – Isn’t it?Red Chillies – Do try it.Trupti – Thanks. Soma – Yes do try it.Priya – Thanks but not my idea!Deesha – Thanks.Alka – Thanks. Again, not my idea.Bharti – Yup! And Leno would say “its a little bite out of a heart attack” =)<>

When my friend told me about fried papads dipped in bajji batter and refried, I thought that was unique, and now you come up with something that is even more stunning:)!! But I can imagine the crunch in the cookies, and baking is so much better than refrying – must have tasted great!

Arundathi,I saw these on Nicole’s blog and made them too. But all I had were Tomato Tango flavoured Lays chips and let me tell you, the cookies tasted weird!I’m sure they tatsed better with plain chips, though.:)

A surplus of potato chips? What on earth is that? πŸ˜€ I can eat all the surplus potato chips in the world! Just kidding, the cookies look fun and delicious. -Nupur

How unusual!they sound whimsical:)

17. I love salty and sweet together, so I’m going to try this. I remember, when living in England, being given a potato chip (crisps) sandwich, complete with buttered bread.

<>Sunshinemom – Double fried? I might get a heart attack just looking at it! πŸ™‚ Even these cookies made my heart feel a little constricted!Aparna – Tomato Tango? LOL!! I can’t even imagine how those wouldve been! Nupur – Yup – 10 1/4 kg packets for 8 kids – a bit TOO MUCH! There was LOADS left over! Ranjani – It is!George Alan Frampton – Sounds delicious!<>

19. DK says:

Hey Anu,Its ok if u dint, although the heaps of baking that u have been churning out would have fit right it in with the theme πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚There’s always next time..will not spare u then:)

20. mmmm perfect and intresting recipe too

21. Cynthia says:

This is very interesting, I have never used potatoes in sweets before.

22. Jude says:

This may be a bit too much for me but I’m so interested in trying it. Makes sense, though. Sweet and salty snacks can be pretty good if done right.

23. Vanamala says:

This is new to me…nice one

24. Vanamala says:

This is new to me…nice one

25. Supriya says:

Oh this recipe is a sure keeper! I was puzzled when I read it, but it looks awesome.This one time I had chocolate covered potato chips, sounds weird, but just insanely addictive!

26. homecooked says:

This is so innovative! Looks yummy and sounds sinful πŸ™‚

27. Roopa says:

Thats a new one ! Never heard about potato chip cookies πŸ™‚

28. natalia says:

Ciao ! They sound so funny !! I bet my son Carlo would love them !!

<>DK – I know – I’ll definitely send something next timeRekhas Kitchen – ThanksCynthia – Yup, neither have I. it was interesting.Jude – Yeah, thats why I tried it too. Vanamala – Thanks.Supriya – Oh i’m sure – kinda like chocolate covered pretzels. delicious.Homecooked – totally sinful!Roopa – Neither had I!Natalia – My daughter loved it – it was a little piece of heaven – her two favorite things in one bite!<>

30. lilmizlynn says:

I made these before and they were delicious! Yummy!

Anu..thats such a wonderful cookie!..great..and your recent posts are rocking!..great Christmas cake!

<>lilmizlynn – oh thats great! yup they were delicious!Valli – thanks a lot πŸ™‚ checking out your rice round-ups now!<>

33. Rajani says:

hehehe sounds a bit strange – and could give it a try when fellow vegetarians are around – i guess this is pretty adventurous.

34. Madhuram says:

Cookies are new, but recently I saw a recipe for candy using potato chips.

35. Yes I’ve heard ot these Arundati, but could never actually bring myself to make them. You are enticing me to give ’em a shot…very very intiguing! Hope you are well…love Deeba

36. syrie says:

Inspired! A great tasting combo I’m sure.

37. These are fantastic. What an amazing flavor combo. A true marriage of great flavors.

<>Rajani – it was actually quite delicious!Madhuram – that sounds great – probably tastes like saltwater taffy! mmm.Passionate About Baking – you’ve gotta try them. they’re extremely addictive.Syrie – yes, it sure was.Anne – yes, do try it!<>