Raspberry and Blueberry Muffins

I got a surprise package of dried raspberries and blueberries from a relative in the US. They knew how much I missed the berries, and sent it to me.

And it was just after I rallied to get chillies included as berries in this month’s AFAM: Raspberries, hosted by Dee! So, you see, when word gets out, I might have to go into hiding, from my fellow Indian bloggers, who made chilli dishes! The only redeeming part is that I posted a recipe with chillies too!

Muffins with Raspberries and Blueberries
(adapted from a recipe by Cooking with Amy)

4 tbsp Butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Milk
1/4 cup Buttermilk
3/4 cup dried Raspberries
1/4 cup dried Blueberries

Preheat oven to 220 deg C.

Combine the butter and sugar. Add the flour, egg, salt and baking powder. Blend till moist.

Slowly add the milk and then the buttermilk. Add the dried fruit.

Spoon the batter into greased muffin pans.

Bake for 20 minutes.

Remove from oven and cool.

This is my entry for AFAM: Raspberries, hosted by Dee.

Find out what my fellow runners are up to on Day 6 of the Recipe Marathon:
We have Valli leading with Onion Chapatis. Raaga has a delicious looking Vegetable Foccacia. We are featuring two chutneys today – Siri’s Tomato Chutney and Swati’s Mint Chutney. They would probably go really well with Bhags’ Baked Chapati – you’ll have to try it and see. Of course, you’ll need some curry on the side, and here Divya comes in with her lovely Cauliflower Peas. Or you could be really healthy and just have Lakshmi’s Kashayam to settle that stomach. Or you could forget this whole meal and go with Ranji’s Simple Jhovan or Konkani meal!

hehehe..thats wonderful..anu..seriously…I might love to eat this of course minus the egg!..and thats a nice commentary on the marathon!…:)

2. Siri says:

Whola.. those are some yummy muffins Arundathi..:DSiri

3. ranji says:

oooooooo wow they have come out just perfect…yummm!!!lovely entry…

4. Rachel says:

Finally!And they look damn good..they have a risen dome as well…. *touch wood *

5. Devi Priya says:

Yummy muffins Arundhati! Thank you for the comments on my blog. Yes, I registered on taste of India yesterday. ThanksPriya

Wow, they look fantastic. What a coincidence. I just made banana muffins πŸ™‚ Great minds think alike πŸ™‚

Hey! Someone is cooking with a vengeance! The muffins looks so yummy..:)

8. Dee says:

lookss good Arundathi!! Thanks for participating and that too with raspberries!!

9. bee says:

fantastic. now i gotta make a savoury version. πŸ˜€

10. Cham says:

Looks awesome ur muffins with berries πŸ™‚

I love blueberries especially in muffins..glad that u were able to make them in India..

12. bhags says:

this seems to be some cool stuff….we do get some berries in India, but the amount they charge is monstrous…..can feel the aroma of muffins here…thats an hyperbole

13. kamala says:

Hi Arundathi .Muffins look fluuffy and soft too.I missed few of ur posts. So rushing to ur older posts

Yum!! I WISH i could bake..Those look great, perfect for noshing in the morning:)

15. I have berries. I will try it soon

16. Homecooked says:

Wow….the muffins look yummy !

17. SMN says:

All i can say is they are yummy:)

Valli – Thanks. You could easily leave out the egg and just add a little more buttermilk. Siri – Thanks dear!Ranji – It was very nice! Thanks!Rachel – thanks to you dear! Yes, I did do a lot of prayers while it was in the oven!Devi – Thanks for stopping by!Priya – I did see your muffins – love them – next time I’m gonna do those instead of banana bread (now that I have a muffin pan!!)Sunshine – Sigh – what can I say? Its a marathon!!!Dee – πŸ™‚ ha ha thought you might be pleased! now that i have some raspberries, looking fwd to your round-upbee – mmm never thought of a savoury version – if you do, i’d love to try itCham – thanks!Divya – Yup! Love them! Bhags – yeah, i saw some dried blueberries that were prohibitively expensive! πŸ˜€Kamala – Thanks!Ranjani – believe me, if i could bake, anyone can!! try it!Andhra – cool – let me know how it turns outHomecooked – thanks!SMN – thank you!

19. Roma says:

These look exactly like the ones you get in Cafe Coffee Day. Unfortunately I dont have anyone abroad who will send me a surprise package of berries. Lets see if I can manage to buy fresh ones and dry them.

Roma – its far more difficult to find fresh berries here. If you have fresh berries where you live, go ahead and use those – the taste will be far better, i’m sure. I just found dried cranberries and blueberries in Nilgiris here in Chennai, though it’s quite expensive.

21. Pearlsofeast says:

Arundathi, oh dear u managed to get these lovely berries. I just love them ,the muffins are just perfect with great combination of berries.I guess u get mulberries in India. U can make with them too.

Mmm… Mulberries…never thought of those! πŸ™‚

23. Phyliss says:

Well written article.

24. Kavitha says:

I live in the UK .Got loads of blackberries from my garden this year. Can you please share some recipe on blackberry?

Kavitha – I'm sure it would taste as good with blackberries. Try it.

26. Kavitha says:

Sorry,i waited for ur reply and finally made Blackberry Jam. My blog is only for invited readers. Thought of sending u an invite but couldn't find ur email address anywhere to send u an invite.Thanks anyway!