Pesarat

Pesarat is a dosa made of green gram lentils and is absolutely delicious and nutritious. I’m always looking for ways to make my favorite staples healthier and tastier, and this combines both. The green gram provides a big protein punch, which is so important to us vegetarians. And it adds a bit of a nutty texture to regular dosa, which, to me, makes it tastier as well.

1 cup Green Gram Whole lentils, soaked for 1 hour
3 Green chillies, chopped fine
2 Onions, chopped fine
1 Bunch Coriander leaves, chopped fine

Grind the lentils to a pancake dough-type consistency with a little water. Add the chopped green chillies, onions and coriander.

Spread like crepes on a heated pan. Turn over when slightly brown and cook the other side for a minute or two.

Serve with chutney.

This is my contribution to Srivalli @ Cooking 4 all Seasons’s Dosa Mela

Advertisements

1. SuDoughName says:

This sounds and looks amazing! I love dosas but have never attempted to make one myself. This seems to be a very healthy recipe.

Thanks sudough (nice name!) – do try to make it – its really easy – and yes, very healthy!

3. srivalli says:

Thanks for the lovely dosas Arundathi…that picture looks so tempting..

thanks valli – looking fwd to your round-up! 🙂

5. Zuleika says:

Looks yummy…being ‘a-haven’t-made anything-but-a-fried-egg person’ please let me know if it will taste as good without the chillies at all?

Hey Zu – yes – it tastes as good without the chillies. I just put them in there…hmm…no good reason – just love chillies! lol!