Crepes

I used to make crepes quite regularly when I lived alone, but somehow after I moved to Chennai, the thought of going into my kitchen and cooking is not so appetizing. Well, I tried my hand at it last night and it was really good – am so glad I did go in and do it. It is very easy to make and gives you a change from the usual meal options. Its great for breakfast and gives you a bit of protein, fat and carbohydrate not to mention vegetables to keep you going through the day. The best part is that you can make the filling as healthful or sinful as you’d like! ๐Ÿ™‚

I made an accompanying filling of sauteed spinach, mushrooms and onions with a sprinkling of slivered almonds. That is actually my favorite filling. My husband loves banana and nutella crepes.

Combine 1 cup milk, 4 eggs (beaten), 1 cup all-purpose flour, a dash of salt and 2 tbsp of melted butter. After combining, leave aside for 1/2 hour. Heat a crepe pan (or any pan that has a flat base) and ladle 1/4 cup of the mixture into it. Swirl the pan to make sure the mixture is evenly spread. Turn over when set.

What are your favorite crepe fillings? I’d love to experiment with some new ones.

This is my entry for Mansi’s WBB#20 – Balanced Breakfasts. This is also off to dear DK at Culinary Bazaar for AWED: France.

1. Mansi Desai says:

I love strawberries and cream, or chocolate, b’coz I have a huge sweet tooth:) but I really like the savoury ones filled with spinach, bell peppers and mushrooms topped with hollaindaise sauce!aah, your crepes are making me hungry now:) thanks so much for sending them my way gal!

2. TV de LCD says:

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the < HREF="http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com" REL="nofollow">TV de LCD<>, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.< HREF="4173612203" REL="nofollow"><>

@ Mansi – my pleasure@ TV – thanks!

hmm… I love crepes filled with sauteed mushrooms and topped with bechamel sauce ๐Ÿ™‚and I am tempted to try!!

I left a comment and can’t find it now… I love crepes… my fave way is to fill it with sauteed mushrooms and top it with bechamel sauce

hmm – never tried making bechamel…usually just make a spicy salsa.

Hi, yours a really neat n clean blog! Liked the brown and grey combination and the crepes!! I am so glad to be the one whos going to send you your mysterious ingredient!! Shall do it on saturday!!

Thanks Sunshine – am gonna start checking the mail from Sunday! lol!

How about filling it with chewy sundried tomatoes and an herbed goat cheese and dunking it into some garlicky aioli?I’m really hungry now…!!

That sounds delicious!! ๐Ÿ˜› You got me hungry too!